10.04.2009

Beef Stroganoff

A favorite of ours - and easy!  I don't like mushrooms, so I cook them separately for this recipe. Another option is to mix them in with the beef and onions to cook everything together.

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb boneless beef sirloin
  • 1 cup organic, fat-free sour cream
  • 2 tbsp flour
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 tsp instant beef bouillon granules (I use organic beef base)
  • 1/4 tsp ground  pepper
  • 2 Tbsp organic butter
  • 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1/2 cup chopped green onion (including bulbs)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 4 cups wide egg noodles (cooked according to directions on bag)
Directions:
  1. Mix sour cream and flour in a small bowl.
  2. Stir in water, bouillon, and pepper. Set aside.

  3. In a small skillet, cook mushrooms over medium heat (I usually add some black pepper and a splash of Worcestershire sauce).

  4. Slice steak into strips.
  5. Melt butter in a large, deep skillet on medium-high heat. Add steak and onion (I always season with some garlic powder, black pepper, and seasoning salt, too) and cook until steak is cooked through. Reduce heat to medium.

  6. Add sour cream mixture and cook until bubbly, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat.

  7. Slowly add cooked noodles to the skillet and toss until well blended.
  8. Top with cooked mushrooms (if desired).


No comments: