I think Bill would be the happiest man alive if I made my Thai Chicken and Rice every day of the week. So I figured I'd try to find a few more Thai chicken meals to add to the mix.
We tried California Pizza Kitchen's Thai Chicken Pizza a couple years ago and really liked it, so I searched for a copycat recipe. This is the closest I could find...
Ingredients:
- 12-inch pre-baked pizza crust **I used an 8-inch**
- Sprinkle of garlic powder (this was my addition)
- 7-ounce jar Thai peanut sauce **I used "A Taste of Thai" peanut satay sauce - only about 4-5 ounces since I used a smaller crust**
- 1/4 cup peanut butter **I used reduced-fat Jif**
- 8 ounces cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips **I used rotisserie chicken, shredded**
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped **I chopped up about 3 stalks, just the greens**
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup fresh bean sprouts **I omitted these b/c I didn't have any**
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted peanuts **I omitted these**
- A few splashes of "A Taste of Thai" Garlic Chili Pepper sauce (this was my addition)
- Dried cilantro, to taste (this was my addition)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place crust on baking sheet. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, stir together the peanut sauce and peanut butter. Spread over the pizza crust. Sprinkle with Garlic Chili Pepper sauce.
- Arrange strips (or shreds) of chicken on top.
- Sprinkle on the green onions and cheese. I added some more Garlic Chili Pepper sauce here, too. [original recipe calls for carrots/peanuts/sprouts to be added after cooking, but I added my carrots before putting in the oven. I also sprinkled the top with cilantro].
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is melted and bubbly. Slice into wedges and serve.
4 comments:
wow, that looks really close. that is one of my favorite pizzas too so I'll have to try it.
This sounds great and my local grocery store carries the best rotisseire chickens ever! Thanks!
Post a Comment