2.20.2008

Roasted Cajun Potatoes

This recipe makes a great substitute for French fries or mashed potatoes.



This is a very spicy potato! Feel free to cut down on the paprika, cayenne pepper, onion, and garlic. We liked them this way though :)

(adapted from allrecipes.com)

Ingredients:
  • 4 large russet potatoes
  • 3 tbsp olive oil (I used Gazebo Lite Greek Dressing)
  • 1 tbsp minced onion
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 3/4 tsp salt (I used Nature's Seasons)
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 tsp dried parsley
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
  2. Cut each potato lengthwise into eight wedges (cut each one in half, if desired). In a large bowl, combine the oil, onion, garlic, salt, paprika, cayenne and pepper; add potatoes and toss to coat well.
  3. Pour out onto foil-lined baking sheet.
  4. Bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until tender and golden brown, turning every 10 minutes ***I added a few drizzles of olive oil half way through**. Sprinkle with parsley when done.

No comments: