10.16.2012

Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread

I'm notorious for buying bananas and letting them sit too long.  I've never been a fan of regular banana bread, so I usually ended up throwing the ripened bananas out.  Then I had an idea: Add chocolate! And so my chocolate chip banana nut bread was born.

Recipe modified from Chocolate Chip Banana Bread II on AllRecipes.com.

Photo from AllRecipes.com



Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 6 very ripe bananas, mashed
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts


    Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5" or 8x6" loaf pans.
    2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. 
    3. Stir in the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. 
    4. Add the mayonnaise and bananas. 
    5. Stir together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Blend into the banana mixture; stir just enough to evenly combine. 
    6. Fold in the vanilla, chocolate chips, and walnuts.
    7. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 50 to 75 minutes. Cool loaf in the pan for 20 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

    No comments: