1.04.2009

Ranch Dressing (or Dip)

As much as I love ranch dressing from a restaurant, I haven't come across any that I like in the grocery store. I've tried all the name brands, the generics, the store brands, and even the lesser known (and more expensive) all-natural and organic varieties. But nothing quite tastes right to me. I thought about trying to make my own, and because I try to avoid preservatives and unnatural ingredients, I didn't want to make it from a packet.
So I found a well-rated recipe on allrecipes.com ("Ranch Dressing II") and found it to be both incredibly easy and very yummy! I've adapted it to my taste (I now use sour cream in place of mayo).


Ranch Dressing

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt (I used seasoning salt instead)
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions
  1. In a large bowl, add all ingredients.
  2. Whisk till well mixed and smooth.

  3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.

No comments: