1.05.2009

Green Iced Tea

Bill's favorite drink lately has been Arizona Green Iced Tea, so I came up with a way to make it at home. I usually make him 2-3 gallons a week!

Note: It's not really a precise art. I just kind of mix it up and adjust it as needed. My apologies for the lack of exact measurements...

Green Iced Tea

Ingredients
  • 16 Lipton Green Tea bags (I sometimes use Organic)


  • 4-4.5 quarts water in a large pot (some will evaporate)
  • 1-1.5 cups sugar, to taste
  • 10-12 "counts" of honey, to taste
  • 5-10 "counts" of lemon juice, to taste

Directions
  1. Boil water; remove from heat and add tea bags.
  2. Allow to steep for 30-60 minutes (the longer, the stronger)

  3. Remove tea bags.
  4. In a 4-quart pitcher, add sugar, lemon juice, and honey (for honey and lemon juice, I just pour while I count to 10).


  5. Carefully pour hot tea into pitcher; mix with ladle or wooden spoon until sugar is dissolved.
  6. Refrigerate until chilled.

    Serve with ice.

No comments: