I had some black bean salsa already made up in the freezer and wondered what I could do with it. Other ingredients on hand were chicken and a can of organic tomato soup. Here's what I came up with (chicken recipe adapted from Campbell's Kitchen, although I didn't use Campbell's tomato soup!). Bill said it's a keeper!
Ingredients
Chicken
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) Wolfgang Puck organic creamy tomato soup
- Seasonings to taste (I used a little garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne, and salt)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or Monterey Jack are good)
Black bean salsa (make to your own taste and add whatever you like! Below is what I used.)
- 1 cup black beans
- 2 tbsp red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp jalapeno, diced (more or less to taste)
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lime juice (more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (more or less to taste)
Directions
- Stir the flour and chili powder on a plate. Coat the chicken with the mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides.
- Add the soup and desired seasonings to the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix black bean salsa ingredients in a medium pot over low heat until heated through.
- Top with cheese and black bean salsa and serve over my Cilantro-Lime Rice.
No comments:
Post a Comment