4.02.2011

Cinnamon Toast Crunch! (a.k.a. cinnamon-nut bread with chocolate chips and cinnamon-honey butter)

I got the itch to play with our bread machine yesterday, but I didn't want just any ol' bread; I wanted something sweet.  So I modified the cinnamon raisin bread recipe that came with my machine (the Breadman Pro TR875) to include walnuts and chocolate chips instead.

Cinnamon-Nut Bread with Chocolate Chips
(Makes one 2-lb loaf)

Ingredients
  • 1-1/4 cups warm water
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 2 tbsp milk
  • 3 tbsp brown sugar
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon
  • 4 cups flour
  • 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
  • 2-1/4 tsp active dry yeast (1 packet)
  • 2/3 cup chocolate chips (add at first beep)*
    • You can use raisins or Craisins instead
Directions
  1. Add ingredients in the order above or the order suggested by your bread machine.
  2. Select "Sweet Bread" cycle (allows you to add sweet mix-ins after the initial mixing/kneading to prevent burning).



Cinnamon-Honey Butter
from All Recipes

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 tsp cinnamon

Directions
  1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and beat until fluffy. Refrigerate or serve immediately.

No comments: