French-cut green beans are a favorite, simple side dish of mine; until recently, I've always gotten them from a can. Why not try to make these fresh, too?!
Pesto Bruschetta Chicken
For Pesto:
Ingredients
- 2 cups packed home-grown basil (or fresh as you can get)
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts, cooled
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese or romano cheese (either or both)
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/4-1/2 cup EVOO, depending on how creamy you want it (I used 1/4 cup)
- Put into a food processor first 4 ingredients.
- Pulse to blend.
- Slowly add oil through feed tube to make a nice paste.
Ingredients
- 1 lb all-natural or organic chicken breasts (boneless, skinless) - I cut them lengthwise for this
- 1/2 cup homemade basil pesto
- 2-3 plum tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- Place chicken and pesto in medium bowl; toss to coat. [or spread the pesto on top of each piece like I did here]. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Remove from oven; top with tomatoes (if desired) and cheese.
- Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Ingredients
- Fresh green beans from produce section (I used organic)
- Splash of extra-virgin olive oil
- Seasonings to taste (I use dried onion, minced garlic, black pepper, and a touch of salt)
- Wash green beans.
- If the beans are long, first cut them at an angle into lengths of about 2 inches.
- Cut them in half lengthwise, running the knife down the flat part between the seams of the bean.
- In small pan, heat oil; add beans and seasonings
- Toss over medium heat until until desired softness.
No comments:
Post a Comment