12.20.2007

I Made Christmas Cookies!


I actually got into the baking spirit this season :)

And how could I resist? I have all these new kitchen gadgets -- my Kitchen Aid stand mixer and Wilton Cookie Pro II definitely got a workout!



Peanut Butter Spritz Cookies
(I can't resist peanut butter cookies, and I love using the cookie press. Put the two together....)

Ingredients
  • 1 cup shortening
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1-1/2 tablespoons vanilla
  • 1/2 tablespoon water
  • 2-1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Beat the shortening with the sugars and the peanut butter until well mixed. Beat in the eggs, water, and the vanilla.
  3. Gradually beat in the flour, baking soda and salt. Form cookies on an ungreased baking sheet with a cookie press (yay for Christmas-themed shapes!) or roll into balls and smash flat with a floured fork or fingers.
  4. Bake for 12 minutes or more until done, usually when the puffed up cookie has lowered down to level. Before then it is more chewy.
I made a lot of press cookies (and experimented with colored sprinkles) and when I only had a little bit of dough left, I made regular cookies ---->
















I also made a chocolate version. You can never go wrong with cocoa!

Cocoa Spritz Cookies
(adapted from the Wilton website)

Ingredients
  • 1-1/4 cups butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2-1/2 cups flour
  • 2/3 cup cocoa
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars at medium high speed until light and fluffy.
  3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
  4. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture gradually and beat well.
  5. Spoon dough into cookie press. Press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheets. Add sprinkles at this point, if you want to.
  6. Bake at 10-12 minutes. Remove from sheet and cool.

And last, but NOT least, the delectable classic:

Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe is great for everyone - chewy middles and crispy edges!

Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons hot water
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour and chocolate chips. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
  3. Bake for about 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

Mmmmmmmm........

1 comment:

Jason said...

OMG BEST BLOG EVAR!@#